Saturday, May 05, 2007

Age

People get older. Time can not be set back. Nope, not even with quantum physics yet. The faulty image of "modern science can cure everything" had always been installed in my head. From reattaching fingers, to installing a mechanical heart. The cure for AIDS will arrive, its just a matter of time.

But that time period one's in, that time period one can live in, had not been thought of.. The aging effect of the human body had never struck me so hard. As time goes by, one's body will no longer regenerate their cells as rapidly as when they were young. One's heart can no longer take that load as the muscles grow weaker. One's ligaments tend to grow thinner by time. Joint problems, kidney failure, hearing disability, weaker eyesight will slowly haunt the body..

Never had it struck my mind that my parents are already in their 50's. The aging effects are slowly surfacing.. A fact that I'm forced to accept..

0 comments: